Tuesday

If a child is modeling, do they have time to do anything else?

If a child is modeling, do they have time to do anything else? Or does the parent doing the schlepping to auditions, fittings, shoots, etc.

It seems to me that if a child is making good $$ modeling -- and really, why do it for any other reason? -- then there will be no time in life for anything else.
If the child is not making good money, then it's up to the very watchful parent to decide if
all the time siphoned from their own life it worthwhile. I think if I were driving DD or DS around to shoots, I would be bored out of my mind. Or very well read. Or both.


I gotta say, too, that well over half of all kids at age 6-9 months are extremely cute and could
be models. DD had enormous blues eyes, very little hair, a perfectly round head and no teeth at that age and would have looked absolutely adorable in print ads. DS was just as cute. 7 months is a cute age. You can either enjoy it without renumeration, or schlep your kid all around the state/region. And for what? A few bucks?

I would tread very very cautiously. If you do get into this, learn when/how to say "No".
read more